Learning at home for any period of time may bring challenges. This page will support families and students with resources and ideas for learning at home.
In preparation for any learning from home periods, we have developed some handy tips and resources to assist parents and families:
- Reassure your young person that their learning will continue while learning from home
- Assist your young person to identify the most suitable space at home in which they can learn.
- Talk to your young person to make sure they have or know how to find the learning materials they need.
- Encourage your young person to join in with any online learning opportunities, where possible, to help maintain connections to others
- Discuss their goal setting and assist in working out their study plan for the day and week.
- Have conversations about their learnings each day and assist them in seeking support from their teachers
- Be mindful to allow your young person to have breaks, have time to exercise and stay connected.
- Thinking strategies (PDF, 595KB)
- Online learning (PDF, 594KB)
- Completing assignments (PDF, 595KB)
- Wellbeing and study advice (PDF, 621KB)
- The Arts (PDF, 486KB)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) (PDF, 504KB)
- Technologies (PDF, 509KB)
- Science (PDF, 575KB)
- Mathematics (PDF, 547KB)
- Mixed Field (PDF, 568KB)
- Languages (PDF, 476KB)
- Humanities and Social Science (HASS) (PDF, 711KB)
- Health and Physical Education (HPE) (PDF, 531KB)
- English (PDF, 525KB)
The resources developed on this page have been informed by the 9 – 12 Curriculum Framework.