The Inclusion Advisory Committee advises the Minister for Education, Children and Youth about the education of students with disability in Tasmania.
The Inclusion Advisory Committee (IAC) gives advice to the Minister for Education, Children and Youth about the education of students with disability.
The Committee is made up of people from different education sectors and organisations. They are people who are experienced in supporting learning for students with disability.
It gives advice on things like:
- Working with schools to become disability ready and responsive
- Continuously improving teaching and learning through inclusive education
- Working with communities in partnership
- Aligning resources to inclusive education practice.
The Committee also helps the Government understand what is important to Tasmania when big changes are being made. This includes National Reform Agenda areas like:
- Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability
- 2020 Review of the Disability Standards for Education (2005)
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) Quality Assurance
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) – Intersection with Education
- Other reforms supporting inclusive education practice and students with disability.
The Committee helps make sure we put what we learned from the Ministerial Taskforce Report 2015 (PDF, 1.24MB) into practice. From 2016 to 2020, there was an independent Inclusion Advisory Panel that helped to do this work.
The Minister appointed this Committee from 2021 until 2023.
You can read the Committee’s Terms of Reference (PDF, 76KB) to find out more about how it works.
- Catholic Education Tasmania
- Independent Schools Tasmania
- Department of Education Secretary/Delegate
- Department of Education Inclusion and Diversity
- Southern Support School
- Tasmanian Principals Association
- Tasmanian Association of State Schools Organisations
- Australian Association of Special Education Tasmanian Chapter.
Communiques are summaries of main things the Committee has discussed. You can read the most recent summaries.
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 7 – Communique – 3 November 2022 (PDF, 75KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 1 Communiqué – 25 March 2021 (PDF, 390KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 2 Communiqué – 10 June 2021 (PDF, 454KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 3 – Communiqué – 2 September 2021 (PDF, 406KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 4 – Communiqué – 18 November 2021 (PDF, 438KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 5 – Communique – 30 June 2022 (PDF, 93KB)
- Inclusion Advisory Committee – Meeting 6 – Communique – 15 September 2022 (PDF, 417KB)