There are many non-teaching employment opportunities within the Department.
- View current vacancies on the Jobs Tasmania website
- Non-teaching fixed term and relief employment register
- Libraries Tasmania fixed term and relief employment register
These roles may be based in a school environment or in one of the Libraries Tasmania, Child and Family Learning Centres or corporate business units.
We provide a supportive working environment where you can progress your career path to reach your full potential!
We are committed to reflecting the broader diversity of the Tasmanian community. As part of our inclusive practice, we are flexible to the needs of our staff, students and applicants.
Some of the Department’s non-teaching roles include:
- Teacher Assistants
- Social Workers
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- School Psychologists
- Education Facility Attendants
- General administrative/clerk support.
To be employed by the Department you must have:
- Registration to Work with Vulnerable People granted by the Department of Justice; and
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption.
Visit the How to Apply page for more information about vacancies and how to apply.
- Salary Scales
- Tasmanian State Service Award
- Facility Attendants Tasmanian State Service Award
- Allied Health Professionals Agreement 2019
- Education Facility Attendant Salaries and Conditions of Employment Industrial Agreement
- Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Policy