- If you have a concern about the safety or wellbeing of a child, contact the Strong Families Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123.
- Anyone can contact the Advice and Referral Line.
- You will talk to a person with experience in child wellbeing and safety.
- They will provide the right support for the best outcomes for children and their families.
What is the Advice and Referral Line?
The Advice and Referral Line is a shared network of support.
They help with early intervention by providing the right support to families. This supports better outcomes for children and their families.
Tasmania’s Advice and Referral Line is one-of-a-kind in Australia. We bring together a range of support services across government and non-government.
Who can call?
Anyone with a concern about the safety and wellbeing of a child can contact the Advice and Referral Line. This includes:
- parents and children who need help
- concerned relatives, friends or neighbours
- mandatory reporters.
As a parent, if you’re very stressed and think your child may be at risk of harm because of this, calling us is one of the best things you can do.
What happens when I call?
You will be talking to a person with experience in child wellbeing and safety. They have the best interests of the child at heart.
- talk to you about the situation
- answer your questions
- give you information or advice
- if needed, arrange a referral to a service which can best meet the needs of the child.
To learn more, visit the Advice and Referral Line website.