The Department for Education, Children and Young People (DECYP) was established in October 2022. DECYP provides a range of services to support children and young people so they can be known, safe, well and learning. Our service areas include:
- Schools and Early Years
- Development and Support
- Keeping Children Safe
- Services for Youth Justice
- Continuous Improvement and Evaluation
- Business Operations and Support
These service areas are supported by business units responsible for corporate support, policy development, regulation, and assessment and review. Many of the department’s business units contribute to more than one service area.
DECYP organisational chart
More information including descriptions and details of responsibilities and functions for the units is available in our Annual Report.
Boards and Advisory Groups
The Department for Education, Children and Young People works closely with a number of statutory bodies and non-statutory bodies.
- Non-government Schools Registration Board
- Teachers Registration Board
- Skills Tasmania
- Tasmanian Building and Construction Industry Training Board
- Tasmanian Home Education Advisory Council
- University of Tasmania Council
- Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC)
Libraries and Archives
- State Library and Archives Trust and Advisory Board | Libraries Tasmania
- Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts Management Committee | Libraries Tasmania