- Children and Young People
- Development and Support
- Children and Families
- Youth Justice
- Continuous Improvement and Evaluation
- Business Operations and Support
These service areas are supported by business units responsible for corporate support, policy development, regulation, and assessment and review. Many of the Department’s business units contribute to more than one service area.
The annual report provides descriptions and details of responsibilities and functions for the units.
Boards and Advisory Groups
The Department for Education, Children and Young People works closely with a number of statutory bodies and non-statutory bodies.
- Non-government Schools Registration Board
- Teachers Registration Board
- Skills Tasmania
- Tasmanian Building and Construction Industry Training Board
- Tasmanian Home Education Advisory Council
- University of Tasmania Council
- Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC)