Adult students attending schools or colleges

If you are over 18 and wish to enrol or transfer to a Tasmanian school or college, you will need a Working with Vulnerable People Registration (RWVP) of volunteer status before you begin your studies.

You must have a RWVP to:

  • Complete your enrolment application
  • Attend classes on a school or college campus.

You don’t need a RWVP if you are in open learning or distance education that doesn’t you to be at school or college premises.

RWVP applications can take up to six weeks to be approved, so prompt completion of the RWVP application process is essential.

If you are still waiting for approval when your classes begin, an alternative arrangement must be made until clearance is received. For example, class work may be provided for you to study at home.

Adult students attending Trade Training Centres

If you are taking a course of study for more than three days, you must have a current RWVP of volunteer status before you begin your studies

If your course of study is for three days or less, you don’t need a RWVP. In this case you must be directly supervised at all times by a person who holds a current Tasmanian RWVP.

If you refuse to obtain a RWVP your enrolment will be declined. You will not be allowed to attend any classes within the Trade Training Centre.

How to apply for a RWVP

Follow these steps when you fill out your application:

  • Select Volunteer as the class of registration.
  • Ensure you tick Child education service (government schools) as the child related activity in which you are registering.
  • Fill out your personal details.
  • Answer yes to ‘Are you currently working or volunteering in a child related activity?’.
  • Select Department for Education, Children and Young People as the organisation from the drop down list.
  • Proceed with the rest of your application and submit.
  • Visit Service Tasmania with the reference number for proof of identity and photograph. Find a Service Tasmania centre near you