Children and Youth Services (CYS) provides a range of services and support that contribute to ensuring children, young people and their families are safe, nurtured and well. Our services are delivered by a professional workforce committed to working together to keep children, young people and their families at the centre of everything we do.
Our Purpose is to ensure children and young people are safe, secure and well, by building constructive relationships with families and caregivers, and through sharing this responsibility.
Children and Youth Services provide statewide services comprised of:
- Child Safety Service
- Services to Young People; including Community Youth Justice and Ashley Youth Detention Centre
- Program Support, Learning and Development, which is responsible for policy development for the CYS service delivery units, and support and training for all CYS staff.
- Conducting Research with Children and Youth Services
The regionally based offices can be contacted via phone on 1300 737 639 or via the Visitor Centres at:
- Upper Woodhouse, St Johns Park, New Town
- 115 – 119 Cameron Street, Launceston
- Ground Floor, 49 Cattley Street, Burnie
- 23 Steele Street, Devonport
To have a conversation about your concerns for the safety or wellbeing of a child, contact the Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123 any time, or click the ‘Make a Contact’ link below.