Skip to main content
- Mathematical modelling, problem solving and the statistical investigation process
- Statistical analysis and situations involving growth and decay in sequences
- Loans, investment and annuities, and practical problems in the two-dimensional plane
- To use CAS and other technology
- Develop and use skills in areas of finance, bivariate data analysis, graphs and networks, growth and decay and in trigonometry
- Apply computational thinking and use a wide range of technological functions to develop mathematical ideas or analyse situations
- Undertake a range of assessment tasks, practical tasks and investigations.
- Needs to build upon and extend their mathematical skills for university study
- Has well developed organisational and problem-solving skills.
This course is available at these
A-E ratings on mid and end of year reports will be replaced by a 9-point visual scale
- Good algebra skills
- A ‘B’ in Year 10 Australian Curriculum Mathematics
- A 'CA' in General Mathematics Foundation 2
General Mathematics 3
May lead to
- Careers such as nursing, tourism management, banking, teaching and accounting.