Adult students within schools or colleges:
All adult students (18 and over) who are not currently enrolled within a Department for Education, Children and Young People (DoE) school and are therefore transferring from a non-Government school or another state/territory must hold current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Registration (RWVP), volunteer status, prior to commencement of study.
The RWVP requirement does not apply to open learning and distance education adult student enrolments that do not require attendance at classes on school or college premises.
Until a current Tasmanian RWVP card is obtained, an individual’s enrolment application will be deemed incomplete.
The adult student cannot attend classes on school or college premises until they have current RWVP registration and it has been noted within the student computer system.
If an adult student refuses to undertake RWVP, then the enrolment will be declined and they will not be allowed to attend any classes on school or college premises.
RWVP applications can take up to six weeks to be approved, so prompt completion of the RWVP application process is essential.
If an applicant for RWVP is still awaiting clearance at the commencement of classes then alternative arrangements must be made until clearance is received, for example class work provided to the individual to study at home.
Adult students within Trade Training Centres:
All adult students who are undertaking a course(s) of study of more than three days duration that is conducted within a DoE Trade Training Centre must hold a current Tasmanian RWVP, volunteer status, prior to commencement of study.
There is no requirement for an adult student to hold a current Tasmanian RWVP when a course of study is for three days duration or less. In these cases the student must be directly supervised at all times by a person who holds a current Tasmanian RWVP.
If an adult student refuses to undertake RWVP, then the enrolment will be declined, and they will not be allowed to attend any classes within the Trade Training Centre
How RWVP applications are processed:
- apply online via the Consumer, Building and Occupational Services website
- select Volunteer as the class of registration
- ensure you tick Child education service (government schools) as the child related activity in which you are registering
- fill out your personal particulars
- answer yes to ‘Are you currently working or volunteering in a child related activity?’
- select Department for Education, Children and Young People as the organisation from the drop down list
- proceed with remainder of your application and submit
- visit Service Tasmania with the reference number for proof of identity and photograph.