Free services that all Tasmanians can access through their local library, including adult and family learning opportunities.
- There is so much that you can access for free through Libraries Tasmania.
Libraries Tasmania offers contemporary library and archives services to all Tasmanians. Anyone can start their learning journey with help from Libraries Tasmania.
At all libraries around the State you can learn, explore ideas and join in community activities.
We support people of all ages in learning, literacy and digital inclusion. You can access in-person and online spaces, physical and eResources, and attend programs and workshops.
At your local library you can:
- borrow books, magazines and DVDs
- research your family history
- meet with others or find a quiet space
- enrol in a course
- get help with reading, writing and maths
- use the internet
- join in events or look around.