The Department for Education, Children and Young People Registered Training Organisation (DECYP RTO)
Registered Training Organisations provide nationally accredited Vocational Education and Training qualifications (VET). The DECYP RTO is the largest provider of VET in Schools (VETiS) in Tasmania. The DECYP RTO provides a broad industry validated range of VET programs for learners at Tasmanian Government high schools and colleges.
Our mission is to provide pathways into further education or employment for young Tasmanians to contribute to a successful, skilled and innovative workforce.
The RTO is advised by a diverse board of principals and industry experts. We have a Director/CEO who reports directly to the Secretary of DECYP. The Office of the RTO leads both the day-to-day operations of the RTO and policy direction.
VET Teachers participate in Communities of Practice three to four times per year where validation and professional learning activities take place and connections with industry are maintained.
Our current delivery sites include:
- Ashley School
- Bayview Secondary College
- Burnie High School
- Campbell Town District High School
- Claremont College
- Devonport High School
- Don College
- Elizabeth College
- Exeter High School
- Hellyer College
- Hobart College
- Industry Pathway Program
- Jordan River Learning Federation
- Kings Meadows High School
- Launceston College
- Lilydale District School
- New Norfolk High School
- Newstead College
- Parklands High Schools
- Penguin District School
- Prospect High School
- Queechy High School
- Rosny College
- Sheffield District High School
- Sorell District High School
- St Helens District High School
- Tasman District School
- Tasmanian eSchool
- Ulverstone Secondary College
- Wynyard High Schools
- Yolla District High Schools
The DECYP RTO has a wide range of VET qualifications on its scope to meet the needs of learners in Tasmania.
The scope of the DECYP RTO can be found at training.gov.au.
VET for school students in Tasmania provides opportunities to gain knowledge and skills in specific industries which can lead to nationally recognised qualifications. The benefits include:
- obtaining practical, hands-on experience from work
- gaining familiarity on how workplaces operate
- developing employability skills
- developing and improving interpersonal skills
- opportunities to explore potential career paths.
For further information contact us.
Phone: 1800 816 057
Director, Department for Education, Children and Young People RTO
Phone: (03) 6165 5751
Complaints about DECYP RTO
Complaints may be submitted via:
- The school site the student attends, whether via a teacher, principal or administrative staff.
- The DECYP – RTO public website.
- Directly to the RTO through firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a complaint or allegation of misconduct is made via any of these methods, against:
- the DECYP RTO, its trainers, assessors or other staff
- a third-party providing services on the RTO’s behalf, its trainers, assessors or other staff
- a learner of the RTO.
Students can report any concern or experience of abuse, including sexual abuse, to the Police on 131 444 or to a trusted staff member at the school.
The DECYP adheres to the Enquiries and Complaints Policy and the Department for Education, Children and Young People Complaints Management Process
To appeal an assessment decision, please follow the Assessment Appeals Process (DOCX, 83KB).
Certification Replacement Information
To request a replacement certification document, please contact us.
- training.gov.au (TGA)
Training.gov.au is the National Register on Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that creates a secure online record of an individuals recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia…
- NCVER – Nationally agreed nominal hours
The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is a not-for-profit company owned by the Commonwealth and state and territory ministers responsible for vocational education and training.