Requirements for teaching in a Tasmanian Government school
- View current vacancies on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website
- Apply to join the teacher fixed term and relief employment register
Teachers are a trusted influence on learners and the future of our society.
Join an innovative, accessible Department dedicated to ongoing professional learning and career advancement. We will continue to practice our values of Aspiration, Growth, Courage and Respect.
To teach in a Tasmanian Government school you need to have:
- an approved teaching qualification according to the Tasmanian Teaching Service Award
- be eligible to work in Australia
- a current Tasmanian working with vulnerable people registration
- a current registration to teach from the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board
- up to date vaccination against COVID-19.
All government teaching vacancies are available on the Tasmanian Government jobs website.
For further information about teaching in Tasmania contact us firstname.lastname@example.org