Skip to main content
- About the nature of business.
- About the importance of key business functions, including marketing, human resource and financial management.
- The economic, environmental, ethical and governmental issues related to managing a business.
- About the legal, social and technological issues which impact on business in Australia.
- Participate in group discussions, presentations and activities.
- Undertake assignments and practical tasks designed to develop understanding of business issues.
- Research successful businesses as well as entrepreneurial traits and characteristics.
- Prepare a feasibility study for a start-up business idea.
- Is interested in marketing, human resource management and/or accounting and finance.
- Wants to learn more about forms of business communication.
- Wants to understand the world of business and is interested in learning the skills to influence the operations of a business.
- Has well developed organisational skills.
This course is available at these
A-E ratings on mid and end of year reports will be replaced by a 9-point visual scale
- ‘A’ or ‘B’ (‘C’ in consultation with teachers) in Year 10 Australian Curriculum Mathematics and English.
Business Studies 3
May lead to
- Further study at university and/or future employment in areas such as finance, administration, marketing, management, economics and accounting.