Skip to main content
- To communicate in spoken Japanese
- To express ideas and information in written Japanese
- To read and respond to written Japanese
- To explore, understand and appreciate Japanese customs, traditions and culture.
- Communicate about myself, my life and plans for the future
- Explore, research, compare and critically reflect on Japanese and Australian culture
- Consider topics from the perspective of Japanese communities
- Prepare for internal and external assessment of oral and written components (Japanese 3).
- Is interested in living and learning as part of a global community
- Enjoys communicating and connecting with Japanese speakers and communities
- Is open to developing new perspectives and cultural understanding
- Wants to gain a competitive edge in the job market.
This course is available at these
A-E ratings on mid and end of year reports will be replaced by a 9-point visual scale
- No previous experience for Level 2
- Completion of Level 2 or completion of the the Year 9-10 Australian Curriculum Achievement Standards in the chosen language
May lead to
- Further study
- Global work opportunities, particularly in areas such as tourism, marketing, retail, hospitality, business, education and communications, diplomacy and the arts
- Possible opportunities for travel.