This qualification provides a pathway to work in kitchen operations in a range of diverse organisations. These include hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops; and institutions such as aged care facilities, hospitals, prisons, and schools. You will be taught a range of food preparation and cookery skills to prepare food and menu items.
- Basic food preparation skills
- About food hygiene
- How to stay safe and healthy in the workplace
- The skills employers value in young workers.
- Be shown and practice a commercial cookery method
- Complete Responsible Service of Alcohol training
- Operate a café or restaurant within my school
- Undertake a practical work placement.