There are important steps to take before an external provider can provide NDIS services for a student on a school site.
- Read the NDIS Providers in Schools Policy and Procedure
- Understand the Conduct and Behaviour Standards for NDIS providers in schools
- Read the factsheet for Principals, Parents/carers or NDIS Providers
- Complete a Parent Request Form to request NDIS provider access in schools.
- NDIS Providers in Schools Policy and Procedure (PDF, 363KB)
- Conduct and Behaviour Standards – NDIS Providers in Schools (PDF, 264KB)
- NDIS Engagement Agreement (DOCX, 208KB)
- NDIS Factsheet for Principals (PDF, 1.8MB)
- NDIS Factsheet for Parents (PDF, 920KB)
- NDIS Factsheet for Providers (PDF, 1.49MB)
- Parent Request Form – NDIS Provider Access to Tasmanian Government schools (DOCX, 177KB)
- NDIS Information Sharing Agreement – between NDIS provider, parent and the school (DOCX, 175KB).
Sometimes families or NDIS providers may ask Principals if an external provider can deliver NDIS services for a student at school, during school time.
Principals have the ultimate decision-making authority about who comes onto a school site. When Principals review a request like this, there are things they must consider. If they approve the request, Principals will contact the family, and the NDIS provider will need to complete an NDIS Engagement Agreement.
What Principals must consider when reviewing a request to provide NDIS services at school
The key guidance documents Principals use are:
Principals can contact the NDIS team for more advice, by emailing: NDIS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key documents for approved requests
NDIS Engagement Agreement
Conduct and Behaviour Standards for NDIS Providers
NDIS providers must follow the Conduct and Behaviour Standards when working in schools.