Working Together offers free places in a fun, caring and safe Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services – also sometimes known as a childcare centres.
To take part in Working Together, children must be:
✅ Three years old on or before 1st of January in the year they will take part
✅ In their year before Kindergarten
✅ Not currently enrolled with an early childhood education and care service (sometimes known as childcare)
And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have parents/primary carers who hold a Health Care Card
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Receive support or interventions from the Child Safety Service
- Have two or more concerns identified through the Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
Enrolments are now open for 2024, with multiple places available across the state.
What is working together?
Working Together supports children to be confident, creative and to thrive in strong, connected communities. For eligible children, Working Together:
- Is free
- Offers 20 hours of early learning per week, per child
- Is available to children in their year before Kindergarten
- Provides support to families to participate in the program
The benefits for children
Taking part in early learning programs helps set a child up for a great start in life and healthy future! Working Together is a great way for your child to:
- Make friends
- Play and thrive
- Build confidence and independence
- Learn and try new things
- Prepare for school
- Build routines
The benefits for families
Working Together can give families a chance to:
- Connect with other families and their community
- Have some time for self-care
- Have time to pursue areas of interest
Working Together can also provide extra support for families to:
- Have someone to chat to about concerns they might have
- Have someone to go to appointments with them
- Access transport assistance to get their child to their ECEC
- Connect with other support services
- Look into study or getting a driver’s licence
- Have someone to help build confidence in with making decisions
- Connect with their local primary school
Is Working Together in my area?
How do I get involved?
Working Together is now accepting new applications for 2024 onwards.
If you think your child is eligible to take part in Working Together, you can complete an online application form.
After submitting an application form, an Engagement Worker will contact you to discuss the program further.
Please note that if all places have been assigned, then Working Together will continue to accept applications and confirm we have received them. However, full family engagement will not occur unless a placement is available. If a space becomes available, Working Together Engagement Workers will directly contact families in that area.