If your child is eligible to participate in Working Together, you can apply online.
To take part in Working Together, children must be:
✅ Three years old on or before 1 January in the year they will take part
✅ In their year before Kindergarten
✅ Not currently enrolled with an early childhood education and care service (sometimes known as childcare)
Children must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have parents/primary carers who hold a Health Care Card
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Receive support or interventions from the Child Safety Service
- Have two or more concerns identified through a Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
If you aren’t sure, or would like to speak to someone to find out more, our friendly team are happy to talk over email, phone or text. Visit the contact Working Together page to learn more.
If you’re not eligible to participate in Working Together but still want to engage in early learning, the Tasmanian Government runs various other free early learning programs that you can check out, including:
- Child and Family Learning Centres
- Launching into Learning
- Programs and events for families and children at Libraries Tasmania
- Resources and information on the Great Start website.