Use your preferred log in method, using the email address shared with your child’s school.
Canvas is the department’s online learning tool.
Some schools use Canvas Parent to enhance the way parents and carers can engage with their child’s learning.
Canvas Parent enables you to:
- review upcoming or past assignments
- see your child’s assignment submissions
- see assessment information including teacher feedback
Contact your child’s school to find out if they are using Canvas Parent.
Getting started with Canvas Parent – documents
- Canvas Parent –FAQ (PDF, 139KB)
- How to log in to Canvas as a parent (PDF, 248KB)
- How to view a list of your child’s courses (PDF, 180KB)
- How to view student marks and feedback (PDF, 554KB)
- How to communicate with your child’s teacher (PDF, 249KB)
- What is the Canvas Parent App? (PDF, 260KB)
- How to create a Google, Microsoft or Facebook account (PDF, 114KB)
Canvas Guides – Canvas Parent Browser
These links lead to the Canvas Community website.
- How do I use the Global Navigation Menu as an observer?
- How do I view grades in the dashboard as an observer?
- How do I use the calendar as an observer?
- How do I view a list of all Canvas courses in which I am an observer?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account as an observer?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an observer?
If you are experiencing problems with accessing or using Canvas please contact your school for assistance.