Are you interested in a career with the Department for Education, Children and Young People? The following information provides advice on how to apply.
Information on applying for jobs in the Tasmanian State Service can be found on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website.
- Current vacancies
- Teacher fixed term and relief employment register
- Non-teaching fixed term and relief employment register
- Libraries Tasmania fixed term and relief employment register
Essential and Desirable Requirements
Applicants must be able to meet the essential and desirable requirements of a vacancy. These requirements are available in the statements of duties and on the advertisement.
Applicants are to speak with the Contact Person of the vacancy about the current vaccination requirements.
Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP)
All employees, volunteers and contractors need to hold a current RWVP to work with the Department. This policy applies to anyone providing a service in:
- government schools;
- Libraries Tasmania;
- Child and Family Learning Centres;
- Trade Training Centres; and
- Department workplaces.
The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered every three years. The cost associated with the application or renewal is the responsibility of the individual.
Where to apply
- Tasmanian Government Jobs website – for permanent and fixed term vacancies greater than 12 months.
- Fixed Term and Relief Employment Registers – for various fixed term and casual employment up to 12 months.
The Information for Applicants guides applicants on how to apply for a vacancy and an overview of the selection process.
All vacancies in the Tasmanian State Service are filled on the basis of merit under Section 7(1)(b) of the State Service Act 2000.
Staff are employed in accordance with the provisions of the State Service Act 2000 with conditions of employment outlined in other statutes and industrial awards and agreements.