Skip to main content
- The ways texts work to communicate and shape meaning
- The ways language is used to represent ideas, attitudes and voices in text
- To engage critically and imaginatively with texts.
- Explore the same idea or issue across a range of imaginative, interpretive or persuasive texts
- Produce a negotiated study, oral presentation or multimodal presentation
- Examine how texts represent the world and human experience
- Examine how composers persuade audiences through texts
- Read, view and examine a wide variety of print, oral, visual, fiction and nonfiction texts
- Respond to texts in a variety of ways (discussing, debating, creating)
- Create imaginative, interpretive and analytical responses.
- Enjoys reading, viewing and discussion of a range of texts
- Is interested in responding creatively and critically to texts
- Wishes to further develop and extend their communication skills (oral and written), and language and literacy skills in preparation to study a Level 3 English course.
This course is available at these
A-E ratings on mid and end of year reports will be replaced by a 9-point visual scale
- 'B/C’ in Year 10 Australian Curriculum English
English Foundations 2
May lead to
- Further study and/or a pathway to further training or employment.