The Early Learning for Three Year Olds (EL3) initiative is one of the first steps towards achieving the Tasmanian Government’s commitment to provide access to early learning for every child in the year before kindergarten.
Following extensive engagement with families, service providers and community members across Tasmania in March and April this year, five communities across Tasmania have been selected to work together to establish trial early learning services for three year olds in 2024 to meet local community needs:
- St Helens, St Marys, Beaumaris, Scamander, Fingal, with possible outreach to Coles Bay and/or Glamorgan-Spring Bay (Break O’Day LGA, Glamorgan-Spring Bay LGA)
- East Devonport (Devonport City LGA)
- Flinders Island and Cape Barren Island (Flinders LGA)
- Bruny Island (Kingborough LGA)
- Queenstown, Strahan, Zeehan and Rosebery (West Coast LGA)
There will also be community engagement and research across Hobart and Launceston to better understand the supports and action needed for future expansion of Early Learning for Three Year Olds in these areas.
Further information including the What We Heard Report is here