A free program for families with children from birth to four years of age, available in all Tasmanian Government schools.
- Contact your local school for information about their LiL program.
- For more information about early years programs for your child, visit the Great Start website.
Why come to Launching into Learning?
- Play and learn alongside your child
- Meet other families
- Get to know school staff
- Get ready for school by learning through play with qualified teachers
LiL is based on the belief that parents are their child’s first teachers. Schools and families work together to give children the best start, leading to a smooth transition into Kindergarten.
Children’s experiences in the earliest years of their life are critical to their ongoing development. Positive experiences early in life help children thrive as they grow and learn.
At LiL you will see teachers, parents and children playing alongside, having fun and learning together.
Experiences may include:
- Baby massage
- Out and about exploring the local community
- Music sessions
- Physical activities
- Water awareness
- Dad’s groups
- …and more!
LiL uses quality learning environments to promote children’s learning through play. Each school offers a unique program to best suit local families.
For more information, please contact your local School. Contact information for schools can be found in the School Directory.
For more information on LiL and other the Early Years initiatives, visit the Great Start website.