Information and resources to support parents and schools in managing their School Association.
School Association Committee Handbook
Information about the administration and procedures of a School Association Committee, including elections, the constitution, meetings, subcommittees and finances. The Handbook also links to editable forms and templates that Committees can use to make meeting their administrative requirements simple and straightforward.
School Association Committee forms and templates:
- Template 1 School Association Appointment of Community Member (optional form)
- Template 2 School Association Member Register (optional template)
- Template 3 Checklist – Holding Elections
- Template 4 School Association Committee Nomination (optional form)
- Template 5 School Association Committee Ballot Paper (optional template)
- Template 6 Amending the School Association Constitution (optional form)
- Template 7 School Association Agenda (optional template)
- Template 8 School Association Minutes (optional template)
- Template 9 Checklist – Holding Annual General Meetings
- Template 10 School Association Motion Table
- Template 11 School Association – Motions – What, Why and How
- Template 12 Subcommittee Terms of Reference (optional template)
- Template 13 Restricted Activity Application Form (mandatory form)
- Template 14 Inability to Form or Maintain School Association Committee Form (optional form)
School Association Constitutions
Register of School Association Constitutions
Model Constitution published by the Minister for Education and Training:
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations (PDF).
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations – template (Word).
Frequently asked questions about School Associations
Answers to commonly asked questions about School Associations and the changes to how an Association operates.
Secretary’s Instructions for School Associations
This Secretary’s instruction issues directions for the formation, operation and administration of school associations.
Ministerial Instructions for School Associations
This Ministerial Instruction outlines the process a school association must follow in order to apply for approval to undertake a restricted activity.
Community Empowered Schools
If you would like more information:
- See the fact sheets on School Associations and School Association Committees
- Visit the School Associations webpage
- Email your enquiry to email@example.com
- Phone the Department for Education, Children and Young People on 1800 816 057 (free call), or
- Visit the Tasmanian Association of State School Organisations (TASSO) webpage Home | TASSO, email TASSO at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone TASSO on (03)6243 7718.