As a Teacher in the Department, you will be working in a supportive environment with a commitment to lifelong growth and learning.
- View current vacancies on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website
- Apply to join the teacher fixed term and relief employment register
- Curious about relocating to pursue a teaching career in Tasmania?
Visit Teach, Learn, Live Tasmania
Teaching is a way of life. A commitment to lifelong growth and learning, both with others and for others to invest in the future. The connections Teachers make with students, colleagues and the community make a real difference.
We provide a supportive environment where Teachers can:
- build on their quality teaching practice
- pave a career path and reach their full potential
- empower students to reach theirs.
We are committed to reflecting the broader diversity of the Tasmanian community. As part of our inclusive practice, we are flexible to the needs of our staff, students and applicants.
All teachers employed by the Department must have:
- registration granted by the Teachers Registration Board of Tasmania
- Registration to Work with Vulnerable People granted by the Department of Justice
- full vaccination against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption.
Visit the How to Apply page for more information regarding vacancies and how to apply.
- Information on Relief Teaching
- Obtaining Employment as a Teacher
- Registration to work with Vulnerable People Policy
Salary scales and awards
- Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award
- Teacher Transfer/Assignment of Permanent Duties Industrial Agreement 2013
- Teaching Service Tasmanian Public Service Principals Agreement 2013
- Salary Scales
Curious to know a little more about the lifestyle and career opportunities? Visit Teach, Learn, Live Tasmania.