The role of the Child Safety Service is to protect children and young people who are at risk of abuse or neglect.
- If you have concerns for the safety or welfare of a child, call the Advice and Referral Line on
1800 000 123. If a child is at immediate risk and Police or medical assistance is required, dial 000.
For urgent matters, where a child or young person needs immediate protection, please call at any time.
Our general business hours are between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, with after hours on-call services available for urgent calls.
Find out more about reporting concerns about the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
In Tasmania, the safety of children and young people is covered by the Children, Young Persons and their Families Act 1997 amended in August 2009 and December 2013.
If you have a complaint, would like to make a comment, or are seeking a review of a decision made by Child Safety and Youth Justice Services, visit the complaints page.
In this section
- Reporting Concerns
- Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act 1997
- Child Safety and information sheets and resources
- How can I access my child’s personal information?
- Independent Living
- Reunification and Pathway Home
- Family group conferencing
- Family Group Conference – Information for Families
- Child Safety Practice Framework