To be eligible for the SSBI, your family must have at least one child studying in a Tasmanian school in grades K-12 and live at a premises with no active broadband service over the NBN network.
- The SSBI is to be available across all NBN technologies (Fibre, Fixed Wireless and Satellite) with a 50/20Mbps speed tier
- A modem/router will be included.
- NBN will install connection equipment at the student’s home
- The internet connection will be a standard unfiltered NBN internet connection, which will need moderation of use by the student by their parent or carer
- The student will need access to a device for use on the NBN service. This may be a device ‘loaned’ to the student from their school where available
- A total of 30,000 places have been made available nationwide.
Further information on the SSBI is available:
- School Student Free NBN Summary Information Sheet
- School Student Free NBN – Frequently Asked Questions