- To seek a NAPLAN exemption for a student, email email@example.com
- To find out about modifications for senior secondary external exams and assessments, visit The Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) website.
NAPLAN – Exemption
All students in years 3, 5, 7 and 9 are expected to sit the NAPLAN tests. Adjustments are provided to students with disability to support access to the tests and encourage maximum participation.
However, in some cases students may be exempted from (not have to do) one or more of the NAPLAN tests.
Exemptions may be granted for:
- students with a language background other than English
- students with a disability
- students who have a parent/carer with religious beliefs or philosophical objections to testing.
Families can speak to their child’s school to discuss a proposed exemption.
Schools can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exemption form.
Assessment and Reporting – TASC Modifications
The Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) is an independent statutory office responsible to the Tasmanian Minister for Education, Children and Youth.
TASC is responsible for the development of appropriate standards, the accreditation of courses, and the assessment and certification of student achievement in senior secondary schooling across all educational sectors in Tasmania.
Find out more at TASC – Students with Special or Additional Needs.